Kant called the hand the human outer brain, and psychologist Revesz thought the hand is frequently more intelligent than the head. Our hands are often the first point of contact with our environments, and movement with our hands a primary way of communicating. We usually begin our touch with our clients with our hands.
In this advanced training we will explore:
- Awareness Through Movement lessons about the hand.
- Functional Integration work Moshe did specifically with the hand.
- FI work developed specifically for people with occupational overuse injury and other conditions where the function of the hand is affected.
- FI strategies participants have developed for working with the hand.
- The integration of the hand into the whole self.
- How we use our own hands as part of our self organisation for FI
the quality, function and meaning of touch.
- The meaning and culture of gesture.